About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Monday, July 21, 2008
We Made It Through
…the weekend. The party was very stressful for me, but it went very smoothly. My Mom came with me in her role as Food Police Officer. Although the place is very small (which would be doable under normal circumstances), the food leaves me unable to leave Kayla without supervision or without watching the food. The food area was separate, but there are no gates or doors so food can travel. My girlfriend is very understanding and asked all the parents ahead of time to wash up after eating. There is no sink in site, so I had brought wipes to cover that as best we could. During the playtime, things were pretty easy. She only had pretzels out (her husband had brought Doritos, but she only served them during the pizza).

While the kids ate pizza, my Mom and I stood guard over the doors and took turns watching the kids and watching the doors. There were a few other Moms in particular who were so helpful in not only cleaning up their own kids, but also the others. So with the help, my Mom and I got all the kids and adults washed up before they re-entered the play area. The kids then played again before having cake.

The cake was kind of the same thing, but my Mom and I could not watch guard as easily because we were helping the girls have their safe cupcakes. But the cupcakes were done close to the end of the party, so we were going to head out after (except Kayla and Alysa wanted no part of leaving and insisted on playing in the sand again). Thankfully the Moms were good at remembering the wipes. Even though I could not stand guard, I was watching. It was hard because Kayla really wanted to sit at the table with the birthday boy and the other kids to sing to him. She couldn’t because the cake was there and it is where they had all had the pizza. So I held her and explained it to her and one of the other Moms was nice and a quick thinker and told Kayla that she had the best spot because she was up high and could see everything. She was very excited about having a cupcake though and did not care at all that her and Alysa sat away from the other kids.

I noticed Kayla getting a little scared at times during the food, but it was pretty fleeting. To eat her cupcake I had to take her into the food area, but I put her back in the corner at a little table. I cleaned off the table and chairs and carried her back. She got scared that she had to enter the food area. She did the same thing earlier when she got a temporary tattoo from the woman running the party. She had to walk back to the same table. But…no food had been served yet, but I still stayed right by her side. Thankfully her fear was easy for me to diffuse and she got her tattoo and she had her cupcake.

So with no reactions, I can say the party was a success. The girls had a blast – which was quite evident from them refusing to leave when it was over.

Saturday night, the girls went to my Parent’s house and J and I got to enjoy a minor league baseball game with some friends. It was great to eat a hot dog, soft pretzel, popcorn and ice cream – all of which would have been off-limits had we brought the girls with us. Of course, I still have to wash up after eating so I don’t contaminate my purse, etc. But it was a low-key and yummy evening – even if all that food made us go broke.

Sunday morning, my Parents and I took the girls to feed some ducks at a creek in a town near where they live. The girls got a kick out of giving the ducks bread. But their favorite part was frolicking in the creak. They were soaked when we finally left. I was able to capture some good falls on stills and video. [All to come later].

So now I must spend this week recovering from an exhausting and HOT weekend. I will be back later today or tomorrow to post pictures from the weekend and last week’s peach/blueberry/corn picking extravaganza.


posted at 2:22 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Sounds like a success! About the DO, did you know Erik and Karen are both DO's? They've done manipulation on Jason but I've only let Karen do my head and neck. Amazing what they can do!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger A Frugal Housewife - Jody said...

Cute blog and thanks for visiting our site.

Your girls are too cute!

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that it was stressful, I can't imagine. I am thrilled though that everything was successful.

Thank goodness for help!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger pearlsandchocolate.com said...

Sounds like you thought of everything at the party!!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

so glad to hear the party went well (although stressful for you!) and that the other parents were very understanding!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Nowheymama said...

I'm so glad it went well.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Amy said...

That's my criteria too!, if no reaction, it's a success!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
For Rent
OMT
Oy
Delaware Trip & Invite
Highlight of my Day
Ten Bullet Points
Potty Training Update
Happy Belated 4th of July
What a Day
*Sigh of Relief*

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: