About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Sunday, July 06, 2008
Potty Training Update
I know it's been a little while since I posted an update on Alysa's potty training adventure. It went through a very frustrating phase where she would be good only if she were bottomless or in a diaper. Undies? She'd go in. I gave her a break for a week, where I let her be bottomless at home for the entire week. About 2 weeks ago, I put her back in undies and she's been great! Only a couple full accidents since then and the other times, if she starts to go, she stops and runs to the potty. I don't count those as accidents b/c, well, she's 2 1/2. Of course, she's not yet pooping on the potty, but I'm not really worried about that yet. For the most part, she'll wait until she's in a diaper or easy-up for naps and bedtime. This morning though, was the FIRST morning she woke up dry! I am so very proud of her. I really think she doesn't even go until right before or right after she wakes up (when she's really groggy). This morning she came out of her room carrying her 100% dry diaper! She got 4 chocolate chips for that one! Boy did that make her morning.



In other Alysa news, Friday night I showed my parents the tag on Alysa's Taggie blanket (her pride and joy). On each blanket (she ended up with Kayla's, so I can wash them every week) she has a favorite tag and it is the ONLY one she sucks on. The tag on each blanket has holes in it from her teeth wearing it down. My Father brilliantly pointed out that eventually they'd fall off and pose a choking hazard, which I had never thought of. So last night, I did the unthinkable. I cut those butchered tags off her blanket. I knew it wouldn't go over well, so I didn't tell her I was cutting them (she'd never forgive me), I just did it and told her they broke. And of course, what good would it do to devastate your daughter if you did not catch it on video? Yup, I got it all on video. I know my Mom is so proud.


Make an on-line slideshow at www.OneTrueMedia.com


Although at the end of the video she seemed OK with her new tag, a few minutes later she threw the Taggie on the floor and said she didn't like the new tag and said she didn't want Taggie anymore. She had me put it in her dresser and didn't want it until bedtime. She told me she would sleep with Taggie after I went to the store to buy her a new one. When J got home she told him he had to fix it. Finally at bedtime, after being upset over her lost tag, she did settle for a different tag and went to sleep fine (well, as fine for her since she's up until 9:30-10 reading in her room every night). The joys of a Toddler's obsession.


posted at 9:45 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Gwyneth Paltrow said...

You must read Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro by Teri Crane

Everyone is talking about throwing a "potty party" to potty train a child. I was so desperate, I was willing to do anything. Her book outlines 10 themed parties. What kid doesn't love to play and pretend? All my mommy friends have successfully potty trained their kids with her book too.

Honestly, when I first learned of this book, I thought NO WAY! Maybe this would work on a little girl, but NOT a BOSSY, 2-1/2 year old BOY. NO WAY! Guess what? It REALLY WORKED!!! Teri Crane SAVED MY SANITY!!! Her book was easy to read, funny and extremely helpful. I can't thank Teri enough. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to EVERY parent. It will save you much grief and frustration. Potty training shouldn't be difficult, we as parents make it difficult because we don't know what to do. Teri teaches you. Buy the book, it's the best money you will ever spend

Most amazingly, I had some questions, so I called the author, and she CALLED ME BACK!!

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations that she woke up dry, that is so big!!!!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh, that video cracks me up! It reminded me of when I poked holes in Petey's binky and he was desperately trying to explain that something was wrong with it. They do get hooked on their "things".

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Nowheymama said...

Hey! I tagged you for a meme.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conrats on the dry diaper! I've just started putting undies on her, and she loves them. We've got a couple months to go. She won't be 2 1/2 until September. I'll have to try the chocolate chips. They always put a smile on my face.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Oh my toddler obsessions - I can always count on you to remind me of what I have to look forward too :)

Congrats on the dry diaper! Everytime I buy diapers I think about the "raise" potty training will give me... somehow I think we'll find something else the money will need to be spent on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Happy Belated 4th of July
What a Day
*Sigh of Relief*
My Surprise
A Heartwarming Story
School Update
My First Blog Design
Kayla's Dad
Hide the Credit Cards
First Year Down

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: