About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Do I Take too Many Pictures?
I'm sure you'll all be shocked to know I take a lot of pictures of my girls. And I know this because of Kayla. Lately, every time I take the camera out she wants to see the pictures I took. But she wants to see pictures I didn't take too. A couple days ago, I took a couple pics of them playing dress-up. She then comes up and says, "Can I see the picture of Kayla watching Bob the Builder?? She did watch him that day, but I had no pictures. She'll do this with all sorts of random things - she wants to see pictures of Kayla singing or eating or playing on the computer. Her favorite toy right now is Alysa's toy camera. Won't Kayla be thrilled at Christmas when she finds out my parents got her this.

J's surgery went well yesterday. In Kayla's words, he has a "really BIG bandaid". He gets to experience his f/u appointment and some PT for his wrist tomorrow with Alysa tagging along. Lucky him. :)

I'm happy to say that we all have our flu shots. J and I went last Friday afternoon to a clinic and one that took our insurance so it didn't cost us anything. The girls got theirs last night at the Pediatricians - theirs were $30 in copays. Doesn't this seem backwards? Too bad the clinic won't do kids under 9 - the doc's office charges for an office visit I guess to cover the nurse. I don't blame them, but it seems off to pay there and not at the clinic. :)

Alysa has her f/u in 2 weeks from her Upper Endoscopy. She's eating a bit better this week but it's b/c now that I know what the problem is I can work around it. Only offering her really soft foods. So she's eating a lot of eggs, yogurt, toast and pasta. :) I am going this week or Monday to her old doc in Philadelphia to get copies of the films from her Upper GI. I want to have all the info for her doc to make the right dx. With either meds indefinitely or surgery as the options, I want to make sure the right dx is made!

J figured out the trick to keeping Kayla happy about school. She never has a problem when I drop her off. He had been getting here there right at the time the teacher assistance come to get them. Tuesday he got her there a bit later and she was excited to go in with all her friends. Today was the same. She was pointing out kids that she knew. And she's still talking about Freddie the Fish. I'm thinking he's her favorite "new friend". LOL Tonight we have the Parent/Teacher night. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also hoping to get a minute to discuss Halloween - otherwise I'll have to put a call in to her teacher. I get really anxious just thinking about it. Wish me luck!


posted at 1:47 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Thanks for the reminder about flu shots. Doug & I don't get them, but I want to get one for Adam again.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Glad all went well with J's surgery!
Mark and I still have to get our flu shots, but Marky got his at the ped. Due to Jasons egg allergy he can't get one. I got mine at the church last year for $20.00. I'm hoping that they do it again this year.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I know what you mean, anytime I bring the camera or video camera out Kayla stops and says "cheeeese!"

Glad Js surgery went well! At least your able to get Alysa to eat a little better right now - hope you get an official dx soon so you know which way to go!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Glad J's surgery went well. Can't wait to hear about your night at school. I am SO curious to know what Petey is up to. When I ask him who is friends are all he ever says is he "loves Daniella". Daniella is a twin that dresses and looks exactly like her sister so he must think she is EVERYWHERE! It is like pulling teeth trying to get info...

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I've been totally out of the loop!! Poor Jerome! And I love the video of Alysa- she's so cute. Hope you had a good time at the parent teacher night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Semi-Wordless Wednesday
Making Progress
Alysa
Go Mommy!
My Singer
Saturday Photo Hunt
Busy Week
Sick Again
It Starts
9/11 Anniversary

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: