About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Go Mommy!
I have good news – Kayla’s doc agreed that the cold/flu season aggravates reflux and can “confuse the situation”, so she has agreed to leave Kayla’s medication unchanged until May or June of 2008. Yay! My Mommy Instincts tell me she’s not ready yet and I’m glad I don’t have to put her through that right now.

This weather we’re having is driving me insane. We had some beautiful fall weather a few weeks ago and it’s…90 today…and…HUMID! I can’t take it anymore. It’s not supposed to be 90 at the end of September. And poor Alysa has very few short sleeve shirts that still fit – they’re almost all too short, so she’s showing off her cute little belly. Not good for a Mom for Modesty. :) I can’t say I’m looking forward to winter, but I’m done with heat. I’m ready for the nice 60’s to 70’s. And I’m really looking forward to the holidays. My Christmas shopping is in full swing and I have the girls’ Santa lists all made up. I absolutely LOVE being Santa. We’ve put an item number limit this year – which is good b/c I can really go overboard especially with the girls. But I’m also very picky with what we get them. I go for educational toys and do a lot of shopping at higher end toy companies via catalog/internet and parent-teacher stores. The downfall is this stuff is not on the inexpensive end of the spectrum. But it’s high quality and they’ll get so much out of them.

I have a new favorite store right now too. I found it by accident – it’s a newly open store by me. Lakeshore Learning is a Parent-Teacher store with a very thick catalog and a huge beautiful store filled with educational supplies, educational toys and wonderful arts and crafts supplies. Every Saturday, they do a themed craft. I took the girls last Saturday and they both made clay magic wands and I got some birthday gift shopping done. I think we’ll be sending quite a few Saturdays there as they have some great crafts scheduled over the next few months.

But more on the forefront is Halloween. I’m working on easing Kayla into the trick or treating bit. She’s a bit uneasy about it (others in costumes don’t thrill her), but I’m focusing on the candy. Speaking of candy, I’ll be ordering her candy very soon. I’ll be getting her Halloween chocolates from Chocolate Emporium and Amanda’s Own Confections. I have not purchased from Amanda’s Own before, but they have some cute stuff that I want to try. Both are dedicated dairy-free, so there is no dairy in the plant either. Our candy bill will definitely be higher than most, but the important thing to us is that Kayla feels as normal as possible. We let them do the traditional trick-or-treating and then will swap their candy out for the safe stuff. Then J and I get to take their loot to work and eat it ourselves. LOL

Alysa has her Upper Endoscopy Friday. I can’t say I’m thrilled she’s have it done but it will be good to know if there is anything else going on or not. And I am looking forward to seeing her on the “Giggle Juice”. Before they take the kids back to be put under anesthesia, they give them this medication that makes them completely loopy or drunk’ish. This way they are so relaxed they don’t care that they are being taken from Mommy and Daddy. I know b/c Kayla was on this stuff when she had it done a year and a half ago. And she was my clingy one then and she really didn’t care. I remember that day kicking myself for NOT bringing my camera with me b/c it was hysterical to see her “doped” up. She had no balance and had the major giggles. This time, I’ll be packing my cameras and taking pics/videos as long as they let me. I’m also heading to the store to get Alysa a couple small treats to entertain her during the waiting and ease her discomfort when it’s all over with.

Wish me luck that it all goes smoothly!


posted at 1:38 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 6:28 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'll be making my treck to Chocolate Emporium in the next week or two. It may be pricey, but I'm glad it's there.
I'm praying for Alysa!

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Donna said...

My comment got obliterated so let me try again. I will be thinking of you and Alysa today. I hope everything goes quickly so you can get her home and relaxed asap. Glad you were able to set the Dr. straight on Kayla's meds. Pre-k went much better for us yesterday. You can check out my blog when you get a chance.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Yeah for Kayla and her meds. I'm with you on this weather. If it has to be hot, at least let's get rid of the humidity. Sounds like the weekend will be pretty nice.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad Kayla's ped and agrees w/your mommy instincts about her meds!

That sounds like a wonderful store and how neat they have a craft for the kids to do!

Good luck with the upper endo; I hope you get some answers. Kayla had to have that 'giggle juice' before her cardiac cath last year; I remember the nurse saying this will tell you if your child will make a happy drunk or a mean drunk LOL Thank goodness Kayla was a happy one :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
My Singer
Saturday Photo Hunt
Busy Week
Sick Again
It Starts
9/11 Anniversary
Wordless Wednesday - Fun at the Beach
Saturday Scraps
Saturday Photo Hunt
Busy-Busy-Busy

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: