About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Friday, September 21, 2007
Busy Week
I'm glad this week is over. J was supposed to go on a business trip, but b/c of staffing issues he didn't which meant I rearranged my schedule for the week only to rearrange it again. Always fun. :)

Kayla is all better and was super excited to be in school all week (well, except for Monday). I'm still waiting for Alysa to get it. Crossing my fingers it's at least not too bad.

A few cute things from this week. On Wednesday, Kayla told J after watching the Wonder Pets (they are classroom pets) that the Wonder Pets are in a classroom, but they are not in hers. Then she asked him why they weren't in hers. She also has an admirer in her gymnastics class. The one week, J took her this little boy Nicholas gave her a hug during class. Then the following week, his Mom told me that after class, he said to her the little girl with the fishes on her bathing suit (her leotard) is sweet and has beautiful yellow hair. She's making the boys melt already. I love this age!!!

I got my halloween decorations up yesterday. Early for me, but it is almost October. Kayla loves all of them (almost). She tells me that "I bought them for her". On our last trip to North Carolina, we had stopped at a Cracker Barrel for a bathroom break. Kayla found this pumpkin that has a scarecrow and paper bats in it. When you push the button, the bats fly around the pumpkin. She loved it and actually wanted to bring it home. This surprised me b/c we have a singing/dancing Frosty and she wass terrified of it last Christmas. But I figured maybe she outgrew that. And my Mom, being as wrapped as she is, got it for them as their halloween present. So I put it out yesterday. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

Alysa...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And Kayla...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Needless to say, it terrifies her. She can be in the other room and she'll cry. All night she told me, "It's scary Mommy." "I'm scared of the pumpkin." It's going to be a loooong holiday season, as Alysa adores this thing, just like she adored Frosty last year. I'm thinking Halloween will go smoothly and our trip to Disney in a year and a half? Can't wait! [insert sarcasm here]...

On a yuckier note - the girls had their GI check-ups on Monday. I always make their appointments on days I can go, but with J's "trip", he had to take them. I figured it would be no big deal b/c we trialed them both off Prevacid in June and it failed. I just wanted to know how long until we trial again - I'm thinking give them both at least 6 months on the meds. Well, we got blind-sided b/c the doc is not happy with Alysa's weight gain - not too surprising as she doesn't eat much. But now she needs the Upper Endoscopy done next Friday (the 28th) to check her esophagus. The procedure itself is not too bad, except she's under anesthesia - so that is not always what I prefer. But I know things need to be ruled out. If that shows no problems, then the doc wants her to get Feeding Therapy. Kayla had this and it worked wonders. I also learned a lot and intro'd Alysa to foods much differently than Kayla. It worked - Alysa has a broader range of what she'll eat than Kayla did at her age. She just won't eat much at all - a few bites here and there. And she always prefers to drink over eat - which her doc did not like. At least we have a feeding therapist that we adore.

And for Kayla? The doc told J to take her off Prevacid COLD TURKEY starting Tuesday. Um...Huh? That really through us. He told her we were concerned, etc - only 3 months have gone by. She said to take her off and if she starts waking up, we'll put her on half her dose and try to get her to every other day? Needless to say, I'm not comfortable with this. I think it's way too soon. Plus, she's almost outgrown her dairy allery - I think it's too much to expect her body to heal both those huge issues at the same time. Plus, it's sick season (she's already been sick twice) and sicknesses make reflux worse. Plus...she's in school - I don't need her getting no sleep and misbehaving at school. Ideally I want to wait until school is over (or at least when sick season is over). But if she won't go for that than I want to trial starting Dec 17th when she has a few weeks off from school. And at the VERY least, I need to know a game-plan. If the cold turkey doesn't work, then what - if the half dose doesn't work, then what... Basically, I won't be waiting around for return calls while Kayla is suffering or waiting through a weekend until the office is open again. So we have not taken her off yet. I've been playing phone tag with the doc to get my concerns out and get a full plan made. Wish me luck. Mother's intuition tells me it's TOO SOON!!!

On a happier note - Alysa was thrilled to be back to gymnastics today. She'll miss next Friday, but I set up a make-up for next week.

It's almost that time to get Kayla from school. I hope everyone had a great week!


posted at 10:34 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 1:25 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Those pictures are priceless! Alysa looks like she's doing something she shouldn't (torturing her sister) and Kayla looks like she's about flee the scene. Oh my, good luck with all that.
I just got back from the Dr. with Jason. He has a major ear infection in his right ear and the start of one in his left. His asthma kicked in too so we are bringing out the nebulizer. Oh Joy!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Hi, we so have to catch up. Sounds like we have both had a really long week. Things got a little better for us at the end of the week but I am exhausted...emotionally more than physically. Hope you got your questions answered at the Doc. That really does sound like an agressive plan considering her history.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

that is so sweet about the boy at gymnastics class!

Did Kayla see what the pumpkin did when you were at the store? If she did I wonder why she wasn't scared of it there but is at home - you can tell she really doesn't like it! Poor kid :)

Sorry Alysa has to go through w/the upper endoscopy, but I hope you get some answers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Sick Again
It Starts
9/11 Anniversary
Wordless Wednesday - Fun at the Beach
Saturday Scraps
Saturday Photo Hunt
Busy-Busy-Busy
Kayla's 1st Day
Preschool & Trip
Blogiversary & Other Stuff

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: