About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Friday, June 01, 2007
Crazy Week
I apologize for being MIA this past week. It’s been a long rough week. Kayla actually cooperated with the perfect “Kodak Moment” Tuesday for a WW, but it will have to wait for next week. I didn’t have the time or energy to visit everyone else’s pictures.

Very late Sunday night/very early Monday morning my Step-Grandfather passed away. He was 80 and his heart just gave out. I was then going to head down to North Carolina on Thursday with the Girls and my parents to attend the funeral and be there for my GM.

I was actually almost all ready – clothes were packed, food was out and almost completely organized by Wednesday evening. I ran a zillion errands and spent a ton of money buying toys for the car and all the extra food items that the girls would need while we were gone. But here I am at home.

I won’t get into the gory details, but there was quite a bit of family drama surrounding Kayla’s allergy. So in the end, I was unable to attend because it would have been too dangerous for her. I just can’t have her stay somewhere 24/7 with me not having any control over what foods are served and when.

I’m having a hard time with the fact that I am unable to be there for my GM along with some other issues that have gone along with this. But I am trying to make the most of this weekend and on the bright side I can attend my last cake decorating class and I am now again able to attend the Christening of a close friend’s daughter. And she has even been sweet enough to sit us at a table furthest away from the table of food. I have also decided to take the girls to North Carolina over July 4th weekend with my parents.

I will try to be better as I muddle through this weekend. I need to catch up on my own blog and on reading everyone else’s. I also have a meme to get to that Janeen tagged me with earlier in the week.

On a lighter note, before I go, I will share a cute Kayla moment. On Monday, she was hindering helping me fold the laundry. She was taking all her little wash cloths and concentrating to so intently on crumpling them in a ball folding them so neatly. She ever-so carefully put the crumpled wash cloths on the couch along with the other towels. And I knew that she took a lot of pride in what she had done because when Alysa walked over to the couch and picked up one of the wash cloths, Kayla yelled out – “No, no, Alysa! Leave those alone!”. It was so precious. I loved seeing her so proud of herself and what she had done. And it’s a good thing for me that I find their washcloths such a pain to fold that I just throw them in the closet unfolded, so I never had to correct mess up her handiwork.

I must also share that I never think to put Kayla in dresses, that is unless we are going to a party. Heck, I don’t even usually buy her dresses. I usually make sure she has 1 party dress per season. I don’t like wearing dresses or skirts, so that means my girls don’t either, right? My Sister
was nice enough to give me hand-me down dresses from Maddy for this summer. Well, the other I took out one of the dresses and showed it to Kayla and gave her a choice of wearing the dress (for no reason) or a shorts outfit. She immediately went for the dress with “her friends” on it (it has pictures of little girls on it). She was so excited to be “wearing her friends”. And then when she was all dressed, she ran around her room saying “Look at me Mommy. I’m a Princess!”. I guess she taught me yet another lesson!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


posted at 10:44 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather and your loss. I know what you must be feeling, because I would feel the same way of not knowing what Josh would be eating out of my care.
That is a cute story about Kayla and folding towels and how proud she is of the great job she did! :)
Hope you are able to enjoy your weekend! You have your cake decorating class to look forward too! :)
*HUGS*

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Thoughts and prayers going out to all of you.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jess P. said...

Kayla looks like a princess too!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Your girls are so lucky to have such a good momma!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Hope things have calmed down for you. Family drama is the worst.
Kayla looks adorable in your dress!
How are you feeling? I'm sure all this stress is making any better either.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Christine said...

That looks so cute on her!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Great Song
Mommy Talk #7
Is It Saturday Night Already?
Loving the Frustration
Wordless Wednesday - Riding in Cars with Boys
Bloggie Exhausted
Marriage Monday
Mommy Talk #6
My Favorite Restaurants
Food Allergy Awareness Week

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: