|Thirteen Toddlerisms from Our House|
1. When Kayla was 22.5 months old, she needed help putting a puzzle piece in. I heard her yelling “Help you! Help you!” from their playroom. I went in and helped her with the puzzle. Then, since she did not remember to say ‘thank you’ right away, I said to her “What do you say?” Her response was “There you go.” That’s what I say to her quite often when she asks me to give her something or do something for her.
2. Starting at 25 months of age, she has called her jackets/coats her “life jacket” and she still does this. It’s one thing our family has adopted.
3. In January, my Aunt and her family were visiting from Rhode Island. They left to go home when Kayla (2 ½) was napping. When she got up from her nap, she came out and said “Where did your friends go?”
4. That night, when we were leaving my parents’ house to go home, we put her ‘life jacket’ on and she looked out the window and said “It’s dark around here.”
5. Also in January, my BIL was over playing with the girls. Kayla was being uncooperative during lunch for J. So my BIL looks at J and said “She is so t-e-s-t-i-n-g you.” Kayla turns to J and said “Uncle John knows A-B-C-D.”
6. In February, Alysa (then 14 months) was very much into the word “No”. Here is a conversation she had with J: J – Alysa, do you want a million $?; A – No!; J – Do you want a Ferrari?; A – NOPE!; J – Do you want a boyfriend?; A – Ooooooooh!
7. One morning in February, Kayla (2 ½) woke up and ran to the window and said “Cockadoodledoo! Wake up sun!”
8. On our recent trip to Ohio, the kids were watching Charlotte’s Web. Now the only full length movies Kayla (2 ½) has seen so far are Cars and Cinderella. So when she saw the scene with the little girl playing with Wilbur – Kayla said to me, “Mommy, I’m watching Cinderella’s Little Piggy.”
9. In March, on our trip home from Ohio, the sun was shining right in Kayla’s (2 ½) eyes through the front windshield. She put her hands up in front of her face to block it and said “Turn off the light Mommy.”
10. If Kayla is playing with something and she doesn’t want to be disturbed and she sees Alysa coming over, she’ll put up her hands and say “Alysa No Swiping” – and yes, she says this 3 times…
11. Kayla calls the polk-a-dots on her underpants “coconuts”.
12. A week or so ago, we took the girls to pick out Kayla’s bike. At the store, there was a train ride that the girls went on. While they were on it I told them that they were so cute. Kayla then said, “Mommy, take a picture!” (Nope, I don’t take too many pictures of them…)
13. Today, we were outside and it was very windy. The girls were in the stroller and Kayla was apparently cold. She kept saying over and over, “Wind stop. Please stop wind.”