About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Friday, April 13, 2007
A Mish Mosh...
So I have been spending the day making lists and organizing and packing for our trip to MA. We are visiting a very good friend of mine and her family. Now we don't do much visiting right b/c of the difficulties and complications from Kayla's allergy. But, we are staying in a hotel with 2 bedrooms, a living room and full kitchen. We are planning on visiting them at their home and going to the zoo and the park and anywhere else we have time. So it should not be too stressful. Plus she's really going above and beyond and has taken steps to clean the cabinets in her kitchen, etc. Plus, she's nervous about us going there. Which may seem weird, but it makes me feel more comfortable. It just shows she knows how serious all this is - for people who think it's easy to go dairy-free, especially with young children, they make me nervous. So although I'm nervous about it, I'm also really looking forward to seeing them. She has a 7 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. We met during our infertility journeys - her with #2, me with Kayla. So we have a great bond and really clicked from the beginning.

The girls also had their GI check-up yesterday. They are both doing well. Kayla is about 26 1/2 pounds now and is gaining weight phenomenally. Alysa is still tiny at just under 20 pounds, but she is not too concerned about her. The plan now is to leave them on Prevacid through the spring and take them off in June - check their weight in August and as long as they are doing ok, they will be seen again in September. I'm really nervous about taking them off the meds - especially Kayla who has a very healthy appetite now - but I will give it a try. But...the first sign of a decrease in appetite and back on Prevacid one or both go.

I have an update on that little boy I mentioned earlier. He does not have a tumor, but has Coat's Disease. Apparently it is some disease that causes leakage of fluid in the eye. If it's caught early, some vision can be restored, but if not, typically all vision is lost and can not be restored. "Luckily" it only effects one eye. I'd never heard of this disease b4, but it also causes that yellow eye look in photographs. Hopefully since he is young, they caught it early and he will have some vision in his eye. I'm very thankful it is not life threatening, although I know it's still devastating to the family.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I will let you know if I get anymore news on him.

So, Monday is my birthday. What will I be doing for my birthday you ask? Spending a 13 hour day taking care of 2 demanding, but wildly adorable and loving Toddlers. It will be an exhausting day, as J will be at work from 7am to 8pm, but...at least I'll be with my Biggest Fans. Kayla is all into birthday and cupcakes, so I'm sure I'll be making myself cupcakes, putting a candle on it and singing to myself all for Kayla. B/c knowing Kayla she won't sing to me since she typically doesn't sing on comand.

Oh and I ordered my birthday present - my brandy new camera. I'm so excited! It's not due to ship out until April 30th from Kodak. But since I preordered it, I get free next business day shipping. That's good b/c I'm already dreading the loooong wait until April 30th. LOL Patience is not one of my strong suits. I ordered my new memory card from Circuit City the other day and got free shipping from them too - so my fancy shmancy 2GB memory card should arrive any day now. Hey - I need to make sure I have enough room for the gazillion pictures I take. LOL

Ok - back to packing for me. I hope everyone has a great weekend!


http://jabberwalkiejoke.blogspot.com/2007/04/count-your-red-eye-blessings.html


posted at 5:45 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! Allergies are no fun, and I agree that no one knows how us mommies can't settle down and relax while on 'vacation'! Kudos for you for going anyhow! Happy birthday early! Can't wait to see the amazing photos you'll be taking with your new camera!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Have a great time! And I, too, will be looking forward to pics from your new camera. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

have a great time..sounds like you have a neat friend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Yay! A Contest!
Count Your Red-Eye Blessings
Thursday Thirteen #21
Wordless Wednesday
Easter Weekend
Saturday Photo Hunt
Busy Weekend
Napping in her Big Girl Bed?
Yikes! She's Getting So Big
Thinking Blogger Award

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: