About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Climbing out of my hole

We had our party on Saturday and everyone had a good time. Kayla loved having her friends over to play with. All kids (big and small) were well behaved.

Then Sunday – I finally got the motivation (not sure from where) to organize all my bank statements and register books and balance my check-book. Now, I won’t admit how long it’s actually been, but there was a very large pile of statements. This is what I’ve been doing since Sunday. Basically, when I wasn’t playing with and taking care of the kids, I was on the computer entering in the multiple registers and balancing away. But…I am happy and relieved to say that I finished last night. And although, it had been so long there were bound to be some mistakes, it was not too bad. I was pleasantly surprised. And now that I am in a good place routine-wise with the girls, I vow that in 2007 and forward, I will be back to my “old self” of balancing once a month. I can’t let it get out of hand again.

My next project is to organize all my coupons again. I was so good here until Alysa came along. I now have stacks of coupons, most of which are expired. For a while, I was the coupon queen – we saved a lot of money with them. So now I have to sit down one afternoon while the girls are napping and go through them all and start cutting and organizing them, so I can get back to saving.

I’ve also been dealing with the increasing “Terrible Two’s Syndrome”. The past 2 weeks, Kayla has been very defiant. She just refuses to listen. It can be on something simple as coming over to be changed (she still refuses to have anything to do with the potty) or something more important such as standing on things that are meant to be stood on. And then there’s the part where she feels it’s her duty to push her sister away from anything she wants to play with by herself. Yes, I know this is all perfectly normal behavior, but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating. The hardest that I have to deal with is her standing in her seat at the dinner table. This is what I have a hard time curbing b/c there is nothing during meals that I can punish her with immediately. I can’t take her out of her seat for a timeout b/c then she’s getting what she wants – away from the table. And sometimes, threatening to take away Dora (if it’s breakfast time) will work, but if not, she then later has no clue why she’s being punished. So this is a moment by moment thing. I take it as it comes and try to gauge what I can use as leverage.

So the past few days has been a struggle as I’ve been exhausted from keeping up with Kayla’s newest antics each day and from staring at the computer screen. But I’ve managed to slow down at times and enjoy the girls and their laughter. Alysa now loves to “sing” Row Row Row Your Boat. Well, her version goes like this… “Row-row-row-row…”. Of course, it’s the most adorable thing. And Kayla, as exasperating as she can be lately, she is also getting cuter by the minute. She comes up with some pretty wacky things to amuse us all. No one can say being a Mom of a 2 ½ year old is boring. LOL

That’s pretty much a quick catch-up on our house. I probably should have used the checkbook balancing as a first Tackle it Tuesday. Oh well… Next time…



posted at 7:37 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 9:28 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

OH MY! I'm sorry to hear about the terrible two's, but thank goodness it's not just me! Jason is out of control. I'm ready to call military school (only they wouldn't be able to deal with his allergies). He's crazed and so am I. It must be the age. Thanks for at least giving me hope that we will get through this and he won't end up in jail. I have the biggest migraine right now and am taking meds and going to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Oh, I tagged you for a meme.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue:

I wonder who Kayla takes after?

Love,

Mom :)

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Ha, ha, Mom!!

Sue, about the standing at the table thing, I would take away the chair and make her eat standing up next to the table. Not being able to see anyone will annoy her and hopefully solve the problem. Natural consequences are the best kind! We've done that with Maddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Busy Weekend
Friday's Feast
Thursday Thirteen #10
What Happened to Family Meals?
Wordless Wednesday
Allergist Today
Calm Week
Saturday Photo Hunt
Friday's Feast
Birth Order Predictor

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: