About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Friday, March 30, 2007
Dare I Say It Outloud?
That Kayla is potty trained? Potty training is supposed to be hard and frustrating and take a looong time, right? Especially with my child, who starting last fall freaked at the mention of sitting on the potty, let alone peeing on it. My child, who the day afternoon Halloween, actually pee'd a little on the potty and got terrified of it and jumped into my arms (this was not her first time going on the potty either). My child - my creature of habit, who needs everything "just so" - who, even on the day recently when it hit 80, got upset when I said she didn't need her "life jacket" (aka her jacket or coat). Thanks Sis for Maddy's vest - it has saved me from some melt-downs this Spring. ;)

So, can it really be true, that within days of buckling down to potty train her, she's actually trained? She is out of diapers (except at night) and only wears a pull-up for naps and outings. Although, yesterday Jerome was quite brave and took her out in her underpants. She tells us when she has to go and even gets upset over the thought of pooping in her pull-up. She has not had 100% success with pooping yet, but since we never even brought up pooping on the potty - she did that on her own, we're running with it. And from her reactions I can tell that going in her pull-up is the end of her world. And although it's nothing new, she has been dry every morning and waited for us to come get her to go on the potty. This morning she even went over to her dresser and picked out which underpants she wanted to wear herself. She's getting too big!!!

I'm thinking this is called potty trained. But I also know it's not uncommon for them to backtrack. Luckily for us, we have no major changes coming up anytime soon. No moves, no new family members being added to our home. The only things are preschool which isn't until September and moving her to a bed. We were waiting on her bed. Our original plan was when she turned 3 if she didn't climb out first. But since she loves her bed, I don't see her trying to get out on her own if she hasn't by now (that is unless she has to poop bad enough). ;) Then we thought, maybe early June, which would make sleeping arrangements easier on our vacation in June and when we visit her newest cousin Zachary after he's born. But now, after yesterday, I'm thinking sooner may be better. I know she'd still call for me or J, as she doesn't wipe yet, but she can get onto the potty and go herself.

So I'm in such shock over this whole thing and keep thinking it can't be real. How can it be? I know there will be accidents and I'm fine with that. But I can already see all the money we're saving on diapers. I'm thrilled to be down to only changing one child. And maybe I can relax now and know she'll actually be going to preschool in September.

So until she gives me reason to doubt this potty training business - I will sit back and try to relax and enjoy her running around in her adorable underpants.


posted at 8:56 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

CONGRATS! I would say she is potty trained! What a big girl! My daughter, who sounds similar to yours, potty trained easy too. I was shocked at how fast it went, but it did, and I am thankful! There have been some poopy accidents here and there, and some potty (when she has tights or overalls on), but for the most part she's done great! Now you only have to buy diapers for 1! What a change, huh?

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Those little girl undies are soooooo cute! The little hineys in them are even cuter. ;)

Well, I'll be jealous if she is potty trained, but very happy for you! Good luck! You might have a little OCD-er on your hands though, by the sound of it...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Thursday 13 #20
Marriage Monday
Wordless Wednesday - Kayla Mid-Jump
Can It Finally Be Over?
Sick Again...
Thursday Thirteen #19
I Learned My Lesson
Wordless Wednesday - Making Brownies
A Meme About Me...
Saturday Photo Hunt

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: