About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, December 20, 2006
My 100th Post
I can’t believe this is my 100th post. I’ve never been a journal person, so in some ways Blogging has been hard for me. I can get overwhelmed and caught up in my little world and miss a day or two or three. And when that happens, it’s even harder to get back on b/c I feel like I’m so far behind, it’s too overwhelming. But, so far I’ve stuck it out. It’s been fun and I’ve learned some more html. As most people who know me know, I love learning anything new about computers.

So now, to celebrate, I am going to take a “page” out of my Sister’s Blog and share with you 100 things about me.

I hope you enjoy!

1. I was born and raised [and still live in] New Jersey
2. My hubby and I went to the same high school
3. He graduated with my Sister
4. His family used to own a dairy farm (now it’s a golf course) and I grew up across the street from a dairy farm
5. I have some amazing memories of playing there with my Sister
6. I hope my Girls can go sledding there like we did as kids
7. I love the smell of manure – it reminds me of home
8. I went to preschool and Kindergarten at a Montessori School
9. I actually have memories from the school
10. We enrolled Kayla in a Montessori School for September
11. I’m not ready for her to go to school
12. I used to play soccer and softball
13. I still love softball
14. I hope my kids play when they are old enough
15. I used to play the Violin, the Piano and the Clarinet
16. I was in the marching band for 1 year in high school
17. I went to Hawaii with the band my Freshman Year
18. I quite marching band to work my sophomore year
19. I liked having my own money
20. I still do
21. I used to work for a Patent Attorney
22. I found it fascinating - the patent work, not the attorney
23. I had to testify against the attorney years later for ethics violations
24. I got my first car in August 2003
25. It was totaled 28 hours after I brought it home
26. I was hit by an 18 wheeler that ran a read light
27. I walked out of the car
28. I’ve been in a total of 5 car accidents
29. Only 1 was my fault
30. I rear-ended someone in the state of Delaware
31. I never liked school
32. I went to college anyway
33. I went to a Community College for my 1st 2 years
34. Then I transferred to Rider University
35. I graduated with a BS in Business Administration
36. I have never pulled an all-nighter for school
37. I never even stayed up late to study
38. I have stayed up all night for fun
39. I met my best friend at Rider
40. We were put together as roommates
41. We clicked right away - everyone thought we had known each other for years
42. We got an appartment and lived together after college
43. Once, we came home after the paper was delivered
44. Amazingly I went to Grad School
45. I have an MBA in Finance from Rutgers University
46. I can't believe I actually went into Camden for grad school
47. I'm a country bumkin
48. I am shy until I get to know ‘you’
49. I’ve been told my personality is scarily similar to my Dad’s
50. J and I met when I was 15
51. That was 15 years ago – YIKES!
52. When J and I met we were friends
53. Then we didn’t like each other for a few years
54. Then we were friends again
55. Then I married him :)
56. I’ve always wanted to be a Mom
57. I used to babysit and LOVED it
58. I am a Mom to 2 girls - Kayla (2 1/2) & Alysa (1)
59. Being a Mom is the best thing I've ever done
60. I battled Infertility and beat it – twice
61. I went through 3 IVF’s before conceiving Kayla
62. Alysa was conceived naturally, but I almost had a miscarriage
63. I wish I was a SAHM
64. But I do have the best of both worlds since I have to work
65. My company is extremely flexible and understanding – I only work 20 hours a week
66. I have seen all my girls’ firsts
67. I LOVE milk – it’s my favorite drink
68. That makes it all the more “devastating” that Kayla is severely allergic to dairy
69. Infertility has taught me a lot
70. Kayla’s dairy allergy has taught me even more
71. I’ve been to every state on the East Coast
72. I’ve been to California and Hawaii
73. I was in Canada once for a short amount of time
74. Other than that, I’ve never been out of the country
75. But I have 2 very close friends – one from Canada and the other from the UK
76. We met on-line (through an infertility message board)
77. I have met my gf in Canada in person (we met up around Boston)
78. I hope to meet my gf in the UK in person someday.
79. I was very overwhelmed at first with the thought of living dairy-free
80. Now it's easy
81. I feel "dirty" after eating or using dairy
82. I miss dairy
83. J and I are victims of Identity Theft
84. That is a nightmare
85. We knew the Woman (it was J's ex-wife)
86. We are waiting to hear about her sentence
87. I love to read
88. I am not the most creative person
89. I'd like to get into scrapbooking
90. If I had the time
91. I love doing anything on the computer
92. I have an excel spreadsheet for almost everything
93. I love my house
94. I hope to have 2+ acres someday
95. I love Christmas
96. This time of year makes me happy!
97. I'm so excited to be Santa
98. I love my hubby
99. I love and adore my girls
100. My family ALWAYS comes first!

:)


posted at 11:14 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:36 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Very interesting! I'm not sure I could come up with 100 things. (I'm at 116 posts, does that mean I have to come up with 116 things?)

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Christine said...

That's a great list!!! Yay, Doodle, you made it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
My New Look
Where did my Kayla go?
A Santa Breakthrough?
Blogger List
Crazy Times
Saturday Photo Hunt
Christmas Tour of Homes
Friday's Feast
Thursday Thirteen
Alysa’s Dairy-Free Party

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: