About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Monday, December 18, 2006
Crazy Times
Ok - so it's been a very hectic couple of weeks. First, Alysa's birthday, then her party a week later and preparing for Christmas. And in all this, my girls have colds, yet again. Alysa's is the worst, of course. Her latest is on it's 10th day with no sign of fading. So I'm fearing it means another sinus infection. And she barely eats when she's sick, which is bad for her since she's so low on the growth scale. So I'll give her Ped a buzz tomorrow and see what she says. I don't want to drag her in if it's unnecessary.

But...on a good note, I finished all my wrapping yesterday - ours and Santa's. It feels so good to have that done. My back will thank me over the next few days as well.

I've also been working on putting together J's birthday present (his birthday is Jan 5th). Of course, I can't say what it is here b/c he does read this. I have it, it just needs some prep work.

I am also currently going through all the girls' toys and seeing what we can part with. I'm sure some of the baby stuff we can keep because Alysa is only a year, but she prefers the older toys anyway. Especially anything she can put in her mouth 100%.

Oh and did I mention I still have to do the Thank You's for Alysa's party? Yikes. Christmas is a hectic time of year to have a birthday.

But I have been productive (hence why I have been lacking here). I went through all the clothes in my closet and tried every single thing on. The good news is I could get on and zip and button everything I own. But of course, most of it didn't fit well enough for me to actually wear it out of the house. So I filled a 50 gallon trash bag with clothes for Good Will. The sad part, is I used to take up two rods on either side of our walk-in closet. I now take up 1 - and that includes winter and summer and "play" and work clothes. Very sad... And of course, as a Mom, I don't buy myself clothes like I used to, so I will make do with what I have and a new item here and there. Ho hum...

So Christmas is exactly a week away and I'm so psyched. Kayla is excited to get presents, but I just don't mention they're from Santa anymore. She says she's not afraid of him, she just doesn't like him. Good thing she's so cute! We are having the IL's here for dinner. This is less stress on us, as it will be a safe, dairy-free meal and I won't have to be "food police" on Christmas. Plus, now the girls won't have to leave their new stuff and they'll get their regularly scheduled naps (if they'll actually sleep that is). But both of them love to open presents, so it will be such a fun Christmas for us this year.

I am almost done, I think, with all my Spring Cleaning in December. So I will do my best to be better on the computer...


posted at 3:32 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 5:08 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

You're almost done with your spring cleaning???? Girl, get your butt to my house, cause I could use some help:) I'll be lucky if mine gets done in the spring. Last year I broke down and hired a guy to wash my windows. I just ran out of daylight (and energy).
I hear ya on the clothes too. My wardrobe is SAD. I used to have such nice things when I worked, but now that I stay at home not so much. I don't do the nappy sweatpants thing, but it's probably just one step up.
I'm glad your in-laws are coming for dinner. This way you can enjoy the day without worrying. My parents, brother, in-laws and sister in law are all coming over on Christmas day. I've just finalized the menu and I have a lot of work ahead. Hope you can take it easy now that you have so much done, and hope the girls are better soon:D

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Christine said...

You put me to shame, sis!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Saturday Photo Hunt
Christmas Tour of Homes
Friday's Feast
Thursday Thirteen
Alysa’s Dairy-Free Party
Busy Weekend
Toy Hall of Fame
Thursday Thirteen
Joining the Holiday Decorations Parade
How New Jersey are You?

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: