About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Thursday, November 09, 2006
Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things I Learned from Infertility


1. I am MUCH stronger than I thought I was
2. There are WAY too many ignorant and insensitive people in the world
3. What NOT to say to someone in a crisis (it’s OK to not know what to say and to not say much of anything)
4. Who my REAL friends are
5. Infertility will either make or break your marriage
6. It gave me a whole different level of appreciation for my kids and kids in general
7. Just how amazing it is that ANYONE conceives, let alone has a healthy baby
8. How little OB’s actually know about the reproductive cycle
9. What’s really important
10. That stress has NOTHING to do with getting pregnant
11. Just how vital the medical community and pharmaceutical companies are
12. To be able to read my body and understand it
13. That I can get through anything (this really helped when my oldest was dx’d with a severe food allergy)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





posted at 8:35 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 9:08 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing. I agree with #13 obviously (oh, and #2 on so many different level):D

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger CJ said...

As a former (IF one ever graduates) infertile who turned to adoption, you are SO on the money with this. You are a very bright woman and have a grasp of infertility that takes others years upon years to learn.

It sucks. That about sums it up. But I would go through it all over again if it brought me the two daughters I was blessed enough to adopt! Best wishes! You are in my thoughts and prayers, along with every other infertile out there!!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list. :) I have endometriosis, and I'm likely infertile, but thankfully my husband and I don't want children. You are so right about #2 - there are so many insensitive people out there.

Nice to see you have two daughters now. :) Happy T13. :)

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean about insensitive comments! I've received many on a totally different subject. People should think before they speak or at least try to think about life in the other person's shoes.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

I agree with everything you've said here. Absolutely. Been there, too. I think the hard times really do build character, and it sounds like you have a strong character to boot. ;)

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue's dad and I knew Sue and Jerome were trying to conceive. She shared much of what was going on. I NEVER knew the emotional and physical pain that a couple goes through while dealing with infertility before their struggle. I'm very proud of the way they handled it and that they "went the distance" in trying to conceive. If it hadn't worked out we would have all loved and been thrilled that they would have adopted. We are very lucky and blessed with OUR two little girls.

Mom :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Who I Am
Nature or Nurture?
Way Behind...
Saturday Photo Hunt
Friday's Feast Contest
Thursday Thirteen - #2
A Ruined Reputation?
Wordless Wednesday
Inside the Mind of a 2 Year Old
Trick-or-Treat

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: