About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Saturday, October 21, 2006
The Latest
I know it's been a few days. Kayla has been sick, so I haven't had much time. And I meant to come on last night to do another Feast, but I crashed when they went to bed. So here I am...

Thursday morning when I got up to go to work, Kayla was still sleeping (so was Alysa). When Kayla woke up, I went in to get her and I hear her say, "Oh no, Kayla. What did you do?" Well, let's just say I knew what she "did" just by the smell in the room. She had thrown up. And in case I hadn't known that, her next statement was... "Kayla spit up". And boy did she. It was ALL over the crib, the floor - quite nasty. She must have thrown up some time during the night (and more than once). But she NEVER cried. So I feel awful for not knowing, blah...blah...blah... So we cleaned it all up, etc. She had a fever and so on. Luckily the stomach part had past, but we are still dealing with the fever, although so far today, it's only low-grade. But she's still cranky on and off.

But Thursday, she was so wiped from her tummy and the high fever (we avoided giving her tylenol or motrin since we didn't want to upset her stomach any further) that as she was watching tv on the couch, she fell asleep. Now, anyone who knows Kayla, knows she does NOT sleep anywhere but her bed. So we knew she wasn't feeling well. Here is a pic of her on the couch - I love how they look when they are sleeping...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now, as for the rest of the Kayla eating bit. Here's the latest. So far, we are holding off on the new medicine. I want to give the Prevacid a chance to work again. Now that will be extended b/c of her being sick. We spoke to a new Nutritionist (hers moved) and we are going to give her a food diary for 3 days (this virus is messing that up) and then she will tell us where she stands as to what she's taking in vs what she needs to take in. We may also switch from soy milk to a soy pediatric drink - it's the soy equivalent to Pediasure. It has WAY more calories and fat than soy milk. But of course, it's much more expensive. Fingers crossed that insurance will cover part of it. :)

Ok - so that is the latest. Fingers crossed that the rest of us don't get sick...


posted at 8:52 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 9:48 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Hi Sue, I clicked on your blog link from BBC. Sorry to see Kayla is feeling unwell. Must be going around. My older son has been going through something similar. Hope she feels better and hope your little one doesn't get it (you either!). Janeen :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
A Special Thank You...
Word Meme
Here We Go Again...
Looong Day
Should I really be laughing?
Trying Out a Feast
A Very Special 10 Year Anniversary
What on this list have you done...?
MIA...
New Friends

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: