About Me


Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me

Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.

Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.

Our Daily Reads
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Rough Few Nights...
Well, I haven’t been on here much the past few days and with good reason. Kayla started with a cold on Friday and it’s trickled down through the rest of us since then. Thankfully its only colds, but they can really knock you out. Hopefully DH, Kayla and I are on the mend, but Alysa is just beginning. And not only have I had trouble sleeping because I’m sick, but last night I banished DH to the air mattress because we have been keeping each other up. But mostly, Kayla has not been letting me sleep. Sunday night, Kayla was up from 10:30 to almost midnight. She woke up crying from congestion and had trouble from there. The second time she was up crying, I brought her in bed with us. Keep in mind that DH had convinced me to take Nyquil b/c he was home to take care of the kids. Now, he’s great and will do it, but let’s face it, when a child is sick, they only want Mommy. So there I was exhausted, congested and groggy from the medicine. So the second time she cried I dragged her in bed with us. I was hoping beyond hope that she would just go to sleep so I could try to sleep. Well, before she settled down, she had to tell me she had to pee –but even I’m not going to take her to the potty at 11 at night. Not that she would have sat on it anyway (her thing now is to tell me she has to “pee pee potty”, but then refuse to sit on it. So I changed her diaper and then we got in bed together. And she did get comfy with me for a while. I actually started to doze off. And actually, that was the best thing I could have done (bring her in our room), b/c about 11:45 or so, she turned to me and said “Go Kayla’s Room?” “All done Mommy’s room”. So she then went back to sleep for the rest of the night.

Monday night was better, she was only up briefly at 11pm. But last night was bad again, she was up from 2-3am. I can’t even say why, as she wasn’t congested. Getting used to the extra attention I guess. I went in, comforted her and put her back down. About 20 minutes later, she got upset again and was calling for me. I went in to tell her that I wasn’t coming in again after this. Well, as soon as I walked in she said to me – “I go pee pee. Mommy change you?”. Why, oh why must she feel the need to be so in tune with her diaper in the wee (pun intended) hours of the morning? So I changed her and she went back to sleep. But of course, Alysa was up crying for 30 second intervals at 4am and 4:45am. I didn’t have to go in, but it was enough to destroy any additional sleep I might have been able to get.

So it’s been rough. And today was a long work day. Although, the “selfish” part of me has to admit, it’s nice to NOT have to chase after 2 cranky children today, but I still miss them terribly. And I’d rather be home. And Kayla usually is great the days I work and happily waves ‘bye bye’ to me. Well, today, it was all me. She was clinging to my legs screaming “MOMMMMMYYYYYYYY”. DH told me she cried hysterically for 5 minutes after I left and then went on a hunger strike. She had been begging for breakfast b4 I left, but after she refused food and drink. It broke my heart leaving this morning and now all I want is to go home and hug them both!

I just keep hoping that tonight I can get some sleep.

posted at 2:27 PM  

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Poor you! I actually have had my first stretch of restful nights in about a month. Three nights in a row, and yes! I am counting!


Post a Comment

<< Home


Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Works for Me Wednesday
Always Trust Your Instincts
Win A Blog!
A Fun Day
Why So Fast?
Works For Me Wednesday
What She Would Say if She Could
I've Been Tagged?
Remembering 9/11
Our Apple Picking Adventure

August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket

Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Design by:

Image from:

Powered by: