About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Saturday, September 09, 2006
How Things Change...
Let’s see, I remember a time, when most of what I purchased was about me or me and DH. Even 3 years ago, I would be invited to Longaberger parties and Pampered Chef or Party Lite parties. I would go, have fun with my friends and buy stuff for me. Every season, I would go shopping for new clothes for me. I mean, I really needed new clothes – my closet was maxed to capacity, but I still needed them. :)

Well, having kids changes that. Now, a splurge is buying them each a little something – an outfit, a new toy, a new book. Last night I went to my first Usborne Book party. I’d never heard of Usborne books before. Well, ok, I have, but I didn’t know it. I found out when I saw the books that Kayla has one – and it’s one of my favorites – who knew? So I go to this party with the idea that I’ll buy something for my girls and get some Christmas shopping done. Well, when I saw all these great, adorable, educational, wonderful books – I knew I was in trouble. And those were just the ones they had on display.

I decided then, that I needed to host my own party. Especially since we plan on giving mostly books this Christmas – my girls have an adequate number of toys. They don’t need much more on that front.

So, where 3 years ago, I would have to hold myself back from going crazy buying things for myself – now it’s buying things for my girls. I had to get rid of most of my young hip clothes that I’ll never fit into again. Partially b/c they’ll never be worn, partly b/c I had to make room in my closet for DH’s things when we lost our 3rd and final bedroom to Alysa. Now, I find myself having to buy new clothes b/c I literally don’t have anything – and I am buying the bear minimum.

Now, my excitement goes to what I can get my girls. I can’t wait to have my Usborne Book party so I can do the bulk of their Christmas shopping. They have so much I want to get them. I did a good job controlling myself last night – but that was mainly motivated by me wanting to wait for my party. Now, we just have to see how well I do controlling myself at my party…


posted at 9:04 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Sounds great! I'll check out the website and put in an order.

By the way, I just tagged you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
I am a Mom for Modesty
Will the Teething Ever End?
I'd Try for a BABY
A Little About Me...
How My Family Came to Be…
Nicknames

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: