About Me


Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me

Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.

Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.

Our Daily Reads
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Mothers Day 2009

Saturday, September 02, 2006
How My Family Came to Be…

DH and I have been married for 5 years, but our relationship started over 15 years ago. I was a freshman and he was a senior in high school when we met. To make a looong story “short”, we met through a friend of his. I had a crush on his friend and him and I ended up dating for 5 years. My “boyfriend” and I had a falling out with DH and we didn’t speak to him for a couple years. We met back up right b4 DH got married to his first wife - a blessing and a curse all wrapped up in one (more on that later). I even attended his first wedding. His marriage broke up about 8 months after it began. He was divorced a year after that. My relationship had also been on the rocks. Our friendship grew out as we supported each other through difficult times – it developed into what it is today. We were married in 2001 and celebrated out 5 year anniversary this year.

Shortly after we were married we began house-hunting. It was then that we started ttc. I had wanted a house first and with a contract, it was a “done deal”. I went into this new chapter in our lives very excited. I had just gone off the bcp and was sure I’d be pg well within the 8 months it can take on average after coming off the pill. Boy was I wrong. Each month there was disappointment, but still I was confident. About 8 months into, I decided to get more aggressive and chart my cycles. To not drag this out too much, I noticed issues with my cycles. So I saw my doctor, 3 months b4 the standard “1 year” mark. They agreed that tests needed to be done. It was determined that I had LPD (luteal phase defect) and he put me on Clomid. After 2 cycles with my OB, I decided to be more aggressive and switched to a fertility specialist (RE). I did 2 more Clomid cycles, had surgery (was confirmed I had endometriosis) and 3 injectable cycles. It was after this that they decided to tell me that I had low ovarian reserve and that at 27 I would need donor eggs. I was devastated. I wanted to give my eggs a try with IVF (even with the 10% chance they gave me) but they had a waiting list. So I sought out a 2nd opinion. In the mean time we would try on out own with the <.5% chance that we had WITH medication after ovulation. My new doctor said I didn’t need donor eggs and that they could start me on IVF my next cycle. So, we switched. I had 2 failed IVF attempts and then I saw the top RE in their office – the head of the practice. Boy am I glad we did. Our embryo’s from the first IVF (and 2nd – frozen transfer) sucked, to be blunt. He had us to a “natural” cycle to see where my problems really were. It’s good we did. Although, it added to my laundry list of diagnoses. Our infertility problems were:

-Severe Luteal Phase Defect

-Mild Endometriosis

-Poor Egg Maturation/Ovulation

-Low Ovarian Reserve

-Poor Egg Quality

-Hostile Cervical Fluid

-Poor Response to Med

<>Well, with the genius of our new doctor, our 3rd IVF worked and 2.5 years after starting ttc, I was FINALLY pg. We called K our Miracle Baby. We couldn’t be more happy. But we knew that if our dream of having 2 children were to be realized, we could not wait after having K. We would have to jump back on the ttc bandwagon soon after her birth. So when K was 3 months old, we saw our doctor again. He told us to try on our own for just a few months (we started ttc on our own as soon as the OB gave us the green light) and if nothing, to start injectables and possibly IUI. So when K was 7 months old, I ordered my meds and geared up to start the endless cycle of shots and ultra sounds, etc. But when I got the medication, we had a huge blow – DH’s insurance changed and now only covers the meds at 50% - they covered it 100% with K. And since I need about twice what the “normal” patient needs, this meant $6K per cycle. I was crushed and knew a second baby may never come to be. Luckily the office had some samples they could give me and hopefully all I’d need was a boost to get one good egg for an IUI. So I waited for my next cycle to begin. On a Wed, March 23, 2005 I started spotting. I made my first u/s appointment for Friday – as I never spot for more than a few hours. Thursday, just spotting again. So I changed the appointment to Saturday. Friday – not spotting. I was getting annoyed as I was anxious to get on with it with the cycle. Late Friday, I decided that if I had nothing more by Sat morning, I would take an hpt just so my imagination would not run away from me. So Saturday morning, I woke up at 6am with K, took the hpt and sat there in SHOCK as the 2nd line appeared almost instantly. It was VERY faint, but most definitely there. I then began to hyperventilate. This HAD To be a cruel joke. NO WAY could I have beaten those less than .5% odds (w/o medication no less) and conceived. And if we had, I knew it was doomed for failure, especially with the spotting I had already experienced. I had to have DH come home from work so I could go get blood drawn. The nurses and I agreed that I would start on progesterone support immediately, to be safe. Luckily I had it all in preparation for my upcoming cycle. I was a wreck all day, knowing this pg was doomed for failure. But apparently, on that Saturday, March 26, 2005 – the day before K’s first Easter, at 7.5 months old, A, my 2nd Miracle had other ideas. K was going to be a big sister and our family would be complete with the 2 kids DH and I had always envisioned.

posted at 8:24 PM  


Post a Comment

<< Home


Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts

August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket

Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Design by:

Image from:

Powered by: