Tuesday, October 14, 2008
A scary reaction
Knowledge and understanding of food allergies are getting better, but there are still so many that do not understand or choose not to take it seriously. I find it particularly nerve wracking with Kayla and her contact-reactivity. It not only makes it harder for her to avoid contact with dairy and a reaction, but it makes it harder for some to understand and take seriously. I came across this article over at Allergy Moms. It's about a 14 year old who suffered a biphasic anaphylactic reaction from inhaling peanut fumes. Pretty scary. You can read the entire article here.