About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Thursday, October 02, 2008
Bad Mommy
Kayla's teacher sent a note home on Monday to let me know there is a birthday party at school today. Last night I put a cup-a-cake container on my counter as a reminder. But of course as I'm pulling out of the parking lot leaving the school I remembered. The empty container was still on my counter. I went back to talk to the teacher assistant. Instead of me driving back, we decided Kayla would eat her cookies - which are in her safe snack box for just this sort of situation. The party was actually going to be first thing in the morning so the other parents could be there since they work. So she wasn't sure when the cupcakes would be eaten.

I just feel awful though and I hope Kayla's not too upset about the cupcake. I'm hoping she's excited to be eating cookies before lunch. :)



In some other news - there may be hope for Kayla's thumb sucking. More frequently now she's telling me "I don't want to suck my thumb." This morning she said she didn't want to suck her thumb at school. So I'm hopeful there may be a light at the end of that tunnel. But...she's started to bite her nails - so we may be trading one bad habit for another. *sigh*


posted at 9:55 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 9:59 PM, Blogger pearlsandchocolate.com said...

Good luck! I have a nail bitter!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I did the very same thing w/ my cup a cake case. Forgot.

I just recently got Gabe to quit biting himself / sucking his fingers/ licking his hands. It was easier than I thought it woudl be. We came up w/ a code word, "hands". And I was more stern than I wanted to be. But w/in days, he quit. And hasn't started back up.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cup a cake case!

I forgot Claires lunch last year! Luckily we knew enough people on staff that they compiled a lunch for my poor child!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

ugh Kayla bites her nails too! She'll go through periods where she doesn't do it for weeks, but then it starts up again, drives me crazy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Never a dull moment
Fun with planes
My handy dandy prize
Finally some pictures
Birthday Party Bliss
It seemed like a good idea
Onward & Upward
Kayla has a Best Friend
Birthday Party - *Warning-Major Rant*
Gotta love Enjoy Life Foods

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: