About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Happy 4th Birthday Kayla
*Go here for the first batch of Birthday party pictures.*

My baby girl, my oldest. You are now 4 years old. You have changed so much in the last year and you continue to amaze me every day.

In your 4th year of life, you started preschool and loved every second of it. You asked to go every day of the week and you were always disappointed on the weekends. At school you had a whole little world away from us. You gained a new sense of independence and loved your friends and teachers.

You have pretty much said good bye to Dora, Diego and the Wonder Pets (although you’ll watch them on a rare occasion) to make room for your current favorite show - The Little Einsteins. You use words like adagio, allegro and fortissimo in every day language. The kicker is that you know what you mean when you use them [this makes Aunt Christine very proud]. You are always telling me to speak Fortissimo (or point out that you are). When I tell you to use you inside voice, you’ll say “We can be Fortissimo outside.” Or if you and Alysa are running around the house and I ask you to slow down, you’ll respond, “We can walk adagio”.

You are an amazing big sister and have been so encouraging with Alysa as she’s been potty training. You are always calling her “Honey” and love to be around her. You both have your moments, but mostly you play very well together. You miss her when she’s sleeping in every morning (at least over the summer) and you are always asking if she’s old enough to go to school with you.

You are a total Mommy’s Girl. You are always telling me that Mommy and Gramps are your best friends. No matter how short of a time I may be leaving you for – it can be for all day or 10 minutes. You’ll ask me not to go and will say, ‘I’m going to miss you Mommy.” When ever I come home, I hear, “Mommy, I missed you so much.” You love to snuggle at night and after rest time. But your favorite and best snuggle time is in the morning. You will wake up and climb into bed with me, sometimes laying with me for a half hour to an hour. Some mornings you even fall back to sleep.

Although you love all of your toys and love your collections of Polly Pockets, Littlest Pet Shops and Calico Critters, your favorite past times right now are games and books. Your room is full of books. You have them piled on your end table, under you end table, in your book basket and on your bed. Every day you take more books from the playroom up to your room. Most nights you fall asleep “snuggling” books or on books that you were reading before falling asleep. You love playing board games and card games. Most of what I hear from you during the day is, “Mommy, can we play a game?” You are even now starting to play games independently with just Alysa. You love the pool and are very independent with your floaty vest. Unknown to you I have taken some of your floaties out of your vest so you have to work harder to keep your chin above water. You love to jump in, although you won’t intentionally put your head under water.


You have begun to enjoy learning to write. You have some workbooks that you can trace lines, shapes, letters and mazes. You love to work on this. You also love to work with me on sounding out what words start with. You are so proud of yourself (as am I) when you match a word with its beginning letter.

In the past year, your understanding of your allergy has grown immensely. You are getting better at reminding me or checking with me to make sure your epi pens come with us when we leave the house. You are excellent at finding things on the ground that could be dairy and you let me know that it is there. You are learning to recognize things that you can’t have both verbally and by site. You have even learned how to administer an epi pen and practice on yourself with your epi pen trainer. It makes me so proud to see you learning to both keep yourself safe and advocate for yourself.

It was 4 years ago today that you were born [at 4:48 a.m.]. After 2 ½ years of trying to conceive and 28 hours of labor. You came into the world and have made me laugh over and over since. You are my silly and sweet little girl and I love you. Happy Birthday Kayla!


posted at 4:48 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Kayla:

Happy birthday honey. You are a loving, sweet child. I remember the day that I was at your house & was so tired that I sat down and told you and Alysa that I was going to take a nap. You proceeded to read me a book, sing "You Are My Sunshine" and then you kissed me and said "goodnight". You were tucking me in. I love you with all my heart.

Nanny :)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kayla! We can't wait to see you next week!!!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Kyla said...

Wow, Happy Birthday Kayla. How time has flown and you are a proper little lady now.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Kayla!! How did our babies get to be 4?

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Happy Birthday Kayla!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

What a sweet letter, I'm getting ready to write my little one a letter for her first birthday - it's hard to believe she's already a year old.

Happy Birthday Kayla!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sorry I'm so behind! Happy belated 4th birthday Kayla! What a beautiful post you've written - she'll enjoy this when she's older! I saw all the birthday party pics and it looks like it was such a fun party for everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Birthday Party - Part 2 - Pump It Up Fun
Birthday Party - Part 1
Amber Alert
Books Galore
People are Sick
Weekend Adventures
6 Random Things Meme
Daddy Diego
Pictures, pictures & more pictures
We Made It Through

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: