About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Alysa'isms etc...
Here are two cute things from Alysa:

As I've mentioned, Alysa's hair is quite thin (although the texture is improving as she is getting better). The other day, Kayla went to brush her hair with an actual brush. I had to stop her b/c her curls are so tight, it would get stuck and be hard to get out. So then Alysa brought the brush to me and asked me to brush her hair - she has always loved this. As I'm brushing, she said, "Kayla can't brush her lot of hair, just Alysa's little hair. Kayla has a lot of hair. I have little hair."

Today, she had feeding therapy after missing for two weeks in a row. When we went in, her therapist asked her what she has been doing the past 2 weeks. Alysa's response? "Eating!" Music to all of our ears.




I have been forced to wonder what has happened to Customer Service in our modern day. Some companies have managed to hold onto a strong sense of that and still work hard at taking care of their customers while others have not.

I am a huge fan of Longaberger. In fact, I'm actually a consultant, although I started doing it to feed my habit and currently have a few steady customers. I gave up on buying years ago when the girls came along. This past January was the first time in almost 4 years that I bought a basket for myself. Of course a month ago, Alysa decided it would make a good step stool. Now they are strong baskets, but the way she stood on it, the basket didn't have a chance. She messed it up pretty good. I sent it back to them for repair and I called a couple weeks later to get the status. The woman I spoke to had to have the repair department call me. Within two hours they called back and told me it was about to ship back to me. It was repaired at no charge and was back in my hands a few days later. Now that's what I call customer service.

Kodak, on the other hand is the complete opposite. Remember when my camera was sent for repair back in January and again in March? Well it was still broken so I have since been fighting for the replacement I was told I would get if I had two failed repairs. Why do I have to wait for two in the first place? Only they know. I wouldn't think it would be cost-effective to fix the camera. So they took my camera over a week ago, sent it back to the "repair" shop and are now giving me the run-around for my replacement. I have since asked for a refund which they refuse to give me. Personally I don't want another Kodak camera at this point but I'm stuck with it - if I ever get it back. They say I get a replacement because two repairs failed, yet now they say they were waiting on the repair shop to approve the replacement after inspecting my camera. Originally I was told that once the camera left my hands, my new one would be sent out in 3-5 business days. Now I'm told it will be 7-10 days from TODAY. Um...the girls have their gymnastics show on May 11th. Needless to say I'm freaking out. Yes, I have my old digital camera (they do not know this). But...although it takes good pictures, it is super slow between pictures and will severely hinder the pictures I will be able to get at the show. I told them about the show and I was told they'd send me 2 one-time use cameras. Do they seriously think those are a suitable substitute for any digital camera, let alone a $300 model? I told them to keep them. Supposedly they left it today that they would contact the replacement department and try to get them to expedite it - but I think he may have just said that to get me off the phone. Needless to say I will NEVER buy Kodak again and will certainly not recommend them. It is not because of the defective camera, but because of how they have failed to stand behind their product and correct the problem.

And if you want my opinion on why they sent the camera back to the repair shop when I was promised a replacement? So they can have them "fix" it and sell it as a refurbished model. So, beware of Kodak's refurbished products!!!




In lighter news. My parents will be taking the girls for the ENTIRE weekend - Friday to Sunday. I am quite excited. Friday night, J and I will be doing something - not sure what yet. Saturday during the day I will be doing some digital scrap booking with a girlfriend and Saturday night, her and I and another girlfriend will be doing dinner and a comedy club. Sometime in between I'm supposed to work on catching up with some household stuff - check book balancing, ebay auctions, etc. Any bets on how much productive work I get done?


posted at 5:59 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Janeen said...

Aren't Lonaberger baskets still made in the US (I know they were supposed to move to China, but I'm not sure if they did). That's probably why you got good customer service. Honestly customer service today is the pits. I hate to buy ANYTHING anymore. Our fridge has been broken for 7 years (no ice and water) and no one can fix it. After 200.00 and it's still broken, I gave up.
I hope you have a wonderful child-free weekend!! I'm jealous :)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

OOPS! sorry I was logged in under the wrong name :)

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Hmmmm, I wish I could get a weekend like that!!! Guess I'd have to move to Jersey and since that ain't happening, I'm out of luck!! Have fun!!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Typette said...

Girl time is productive time!!! it will rejuvinate you! lol Looking forward to it (downloading masses of schtuff)

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger The Random Muse said...

Good for Longaberger. Their baskets have been on my list of things-to-buy-when-I-have-money for a long time.

Sorry to hear about the bad time from Kodak though. That is a fairly impressive runaround they are giving you. I never have been a Kodak fan, Canon and Nikon are better.

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning about Kodak, thats terrible.

What a fantastic weekend you have planned. Enjoy it!! I am so jealous. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Bath Terrors
She has a belly!
Alysa's Idol
She knows me so well
Nutritionist follow-up
Food Allergy Cooking Show
Mixed News
Odds & Ends
Food Allergies – Disability/Special Need?
Walk for Food Allergies

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: