About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Monday, March 24, 2008
Happy Easter
I hope everyone had a good Easter. We actually had an entire weekend with J off from work and home with us. The last day we were both off together was New Year’s Day, so it’s been a while. Saturday, he took his first vacation day of the year for our trip to see Elmo in our latest Sesame Street Live show. At first Kayla did not want to go. For days she told me no. She told me that I could take Petey, my girlfriend Donna’s son. When I asked her who she would stay with, she said, “Petey’s Mommy.” So simple for her. My thinking is she thought she’d see them up close and personal – she apparently was not remembering details of the shows she’s been to previously.

But both girls loved the show. They were running in circles in the lobby while we were waiting to go in. And then of course, J was left with them by himself while I went in to wash down the seats. With food being everywhere, I washed down the seats with wipes. Actually, one of the ushers told me that she has a contact allergy to alcohol. She has even had patrons spill alcohol on her at shows (adult shows of course). She said luckily she’s never had to use her epi pen. So as usual, my seat washing started good conversations with others. I’m always happy to share information with those around me.

We made it through with no food mishaps which was nice. Alysa was all smiles and giggles during the show. She loved the lights and the characters. Elmo was not one of the first ones to come out and she asked me where he was. This is so different from last year, as she was scared at first. She still couldn’t sit still for the show, but we had 6 seats at the railing. So my Dad and J had the ends and the girls could stand and walk back and forth if they wanted to w/o bothering anyone in front of us. Love those railing seats.

The rest of the day we spent at my Mom and Dad’s. J and I went to the mall to get out for a little bit. It was nice to have the afternoon and evening with nothing to do but color Easter Eggs. Sunday was low-key. We did the egg hunt and baskets. The girls loved it all and were thrilled with their chocolate and jelly beans (especially the jelly beans) and their toys from the Easter Bunny. J’s brother came over late morning for a few hours, so the girls had fun with him. Then it was just the 6 of us for dinner. Not that the girls ate much for dinner. We had the candy and appetizers throughout the afternoon, so Kayla was not very hungry. Alysa? Well, she hardly ever eats. She did eat egg whites that day. But that’s not new for her – although like with everything else, it’s hit or miss if she’ll actually eat it. She wouldn’t eat any of them today.

Kayla’s off from school this week and was happy to stay home with J today and play with her new toys. I worked today and will tomorrow, all while packing for our trip on Wednesday. The plan is to leave bright and early at 8am. I have a lot to pack between clothes, medications and food – I’m feeling a bit pressured right now. But the girls are very excited to see their cousins and Aunt and Uncle. It should be a fun-filled 3 days in Ohio. Plus, while visiting my Sister, we’ll be getting together with her “real life” friend Thea. I’ve only gotten to know her through her blog, so I’m looking forward to meeting her in person.

Here are some pics of our weekend – I’ll be popping in while I can this week.
[I've put the Sesame Street and Easter pics together in a slide show.]



posted at 8:20 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like it was a great Easter...and how fun the girls got to go to Sesame Street Live. Glad they both had a great time! Great pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
My Budding Advocate
She Strikes Again
Alysa the Trouble Maker
Things from our Home
The Easter Bunny Has Arrived
Day/Night Confusion at 3 1/2?
Soy Free - Or Not
The Traumatic Fall
Heartbreaking
Nutritionist Update

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: