About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Working on Ideas
Kayla's 3rd birthday is 3 months away - I can't believe that. Anyway, I am starting to work on kicking around ideas for her party. This was initially not easy b/c every time I asked her what kind of party she wanted, she would say "I want a blue party" or a red one or one with balloons. So I thought I would come up with some neat theme for her like I did the past 2 parties. Until...yesterday, I asked her and her answer was "I want a Backyardigan's party". Huh? I have no clue where that came from. For those that don't know, they are a bunch of cartoon characters on Nick Jr that come up with all sorts of imaginary destinations in their back yards, all while singing. So I think - I can do this. If she's asking for it, that means she wants it. I told J this morning and he said "No I know what she's been telling me all morning". Apparently she had been sharing this news with him and he had no clue what she was talking about. :)

Lucky for Wilton has come out with a new cake pan of Pablo - one of the characters. It's not on their website yet but it will be in July and it's for sale now. I called them today to verify, as I saw the pan on e-bay but not on their site.

Let me also mention I'm thankful Kayla did not say The Wonder Pets as it's one of her favorites and there are not even any toys for them, let alone plates and cups. It's a "new" show, but it's been on for 2 years. Nick Jr has to get their act together.

So now that I've been given my mission, I am on the hunt for party game/activity ideas for 3 year old and favor ideas. I do favors, but I am of the opinion that I'd rather spent a dollar or two more per kid and give something that will not be thrown away on their way out the door. There will be more than 5 kids, but probably less than 10 - so not a huge party. But now that they're 3, I'm guessing I have to entertain them. We tossed around doing it someplace other than our house, but since it's in August and we have a pool and we won't have enough kids to make it cost-effective we're staying home again this year.

So if anyone out there has some ideas - pass them on this way. :)

And speaking of parties - I am heading over to AC Moore this evening to sign up for the Wilton Cake Decorating Class. It is their level 1 class and starts on May 11th (Friday). I'm very excited. Kayla's allergy forced me to make their cakes, but now I'm glad I do and I will continue to do so even if she outgrows her allergy. I now see it something extra special for their special days. And since I have worked hard the past 2 birthdays to make them really exciting and nice cakes - I figured I might as well learn how to do it right. :)

This Friday, we have to skip their gymnastics class because it's "Parent Appreciation Week". And since everything has to revolve around food, this means bagels and cream cheese and other evil dairy items. So...we will skip this week and do a make up class at a later date. But, b/c I feel awful that they have to miss the class they love so much, I am taking them to the Zoo. I've also enlisted my girlfriend and her son Seth who is Kayla's friend. The weather is set to be beautiful so I'm actually looking forward to it. Kayla keep telling me the animals will be in cages. I think she's really trying to verify for her own sanity. LOL Of course, I will post pictures from our adventures at the Philadelphia Zoo.


posted at 12:36 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that Rocks in My Dryer is having a WFMW all about birthdays and birthday parties. There might be some good info for you there! There's a link to her on my site if you are interested!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I've been planning Jasons too, but everytime I ask him what he wants he changes it. One day it's Thomas, then the next day it's Power Rangers and at one point it was Trucks. I'm so confused ;)
I have no treat ideas for you, because I'm fresh out of ideas. Our activities are to let the kids run around the back yard like maniacs and play on the swingset. Worked last year. Hope it works this year. Good luck and I'll be checking back so I can steal your ideas.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I cant wait to plan parties and things like that..have fun!!


Thanks for signing up for the scavenger hunt..We have had some great finds so far

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Haley said...

Well Good Luck with the party and the cake decorating!

If you want a good way to entertain the kids rent a small moonwalk. My niece is 4 and for her 3rd birthday we got one and the kids loved it!

Hope you guys have a great time at the zoo!

BTW I tagged you!

~Haley

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Hi Sue, I tagged you for meme :)

It looks like Harley tagged you too. Sorry.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hopefully you were able to get some ideas from the WFMW posts! I agree about the trinkets and such that get thrown away. I usually do sidewalk chalk, bubbles, playdo and that sort of stuff. This year I think I'm doing some small sand buckets instad of the bags with some shovels and sand toys. For games you could do simone says, red light/green light, or instead of freeze tag do freeze dance, musical chairs.

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
Congratulations on being a new Aunty! You must be so thrilled and excited.
And congrats on your new toy,it's really cool!
Thanks for the tag. I'll have my answers up soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
My New Toy
Wordless Wednesday
WELCOME ZACHARY!!!
Marriage Monday
Mommy Talk
Weekend
Ready for a Scavenger Hunt?
Saturday Photo Hunt
Say What?!?
Thursdsay Thirteen #22

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: