About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Monday, October 12, 2009
A Bloggy Surprise
Last week I posted about Kayla’s journey to stop sucking her thumb and the prize (a drop-down spider Halloween decoration she chose for going 10 days without it.

Well last Thursday I received an e-mail from the VP of Marketing at Improvements Catalog. She told me how she loved Kayla’s story and her desire for their spider. In fact, she loved Kayla’s story so much she wanted to send Kayla the spider “free of charge”. Needless to say I was blown away by this and entertained the thought that it was a hoax. My first reaction was “How did they hear about Kayla?” until I realized I had put her story and a link to the spider here. I contacted her back and asked her to confirm she came upon my blog and to let her know how much I appreciated her interest and offer but I had already ordered the spider (it was actually already in route to my house). This morning, I heard back from her and was told she has credited my credit card for the cost of the spider AND shipping. They are also sending Kayla a “special package with congratulations for her success”. For the second time I was blown away.

Although this was my first time shopping with Improvements Catalog you can be assured I’ll be back. They seem to have a great selection of a wide variety of products. Head on over and check them out. Of course I highly recommend their Drop Down Spider.

And I could tell you all about how excited Kayla was to receive her spider and how much both girls love it. But instead I’ll just let you see for yourself:




Make photo slide shows at www.OneTrueMedia.com


And for the record, Kayla is on Day 12 and counting with her thumb. She's doing amazing!


posted at 9:23 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow what an awsome company that is! How sweet that they read Kayla's story and wanted to help her celebrate! Can't wait to see what her special prize package is!

What a really cool spider! Congrats to Kayla on doing so well!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Typette said...

That video clip makes me crack up!

That spider really is great, for adults too ;)

I can't wait to see her special package too!!

:-)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Awesome! And congrats to Kayla for her 2nd big accomplishment recently!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
A new restaurant
Nickelodeon Food Allergy Video
Road Trip
Kayla's Poem
Kayla’s Thumb
Back to School Night
My reader
She's a hoot
First day of school - FINALLY!
DC Trip

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: