About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Getting Back Into Our Routine
Amazing how much 4 days away can throw you off track. We left Friday morning for Ohio. We as in, me, the girls and my father. J stayed home. Overall it was a great trip. Of course, it was stressful on me and lots of food-filled anxiety. But that has nothing to do with my Sis and her family. They are all MORE than gracious about giving up control of their kitchen and meals to keep Kayla as safe as possible. They don't go dairy free, but as Colin puts it (he's 6 1/2), he does not like to wash his mouth with soap. I'm with you kiddo - I don't like it either. :) It was even a bit harder on me this time than at Thanksgiving b/c my Sister and her hubby were away until Sunday afternoon, so my Mom's main responsibility was to my niece and nephews and J was not there, so I did not have his help with the food stuff.

But - get this great comment from Colin. B4 we arrived, my Mom was reminding the kids about Kayla's allergy, etc. Colin just simply said "Well, why don't we just not drink milk and stuff". Now why can't adults 'get it' like kids do? Of course, we didn't make him go through with his offer. He really doesn't understand what it would mean. And they need their dairy. So some meals were dairy-free and some were not. Once, Colin even opted out of drinking milk b/c he didn't want to use soap on his mouth. He's too cute. ;)

The girls were amazing good in the car considering. We're all a bit sick of Dora, except Kayla of course. The 5 kids had such a great time playing together. They really love each other - I love it. And the 2 little ones, Alysa and Elliot (who are 3 weeks apart in age) just grinned at each other the whole time. I don't think they ever know what to do with someone their own size at 15 months.

And of course, last night, Kayla saw our neighbor's kid playing outside and ran to the window yelling - "Coldin! Coldin" (aka Colin). When I told her it wasn't Colin, she said "Maddy!". So sad that I have to explain that they are in Ohio and not here. This is the part that breaks my heart.

And even though they loved being in Ohio - they were giddy to be home. Alysa actually more excited to run into the house than she was to see J. He of course, missed them terribly. He even left work early Monday night and went in late Tuesday to spend time with them. Too bad I don't get that kind of treatment. LOL In all seriousness - he's a wonderful father and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So it's back to routine now. Of course, though Elliot and Maddy shared their colds with Alysa. So she's miserable - but...she can now blow her nose which makes my life a TON easier. The weather is absolutely wonderful here - in the 70's today and in the 60's yesterday and tomorrow. The girls are getting lots of outdoor time. This will be a fun summer since Alysa is not at the age where she can enjoy our swing set. She loves the slide already. She loves to go down them on her tummy and head first. She's a trip.

And I'm looking forward to this weekend as J and I get to go on a date - we are going out to dinner and may actually go to the movies. Now for those that know me know this is unusual. I love movies, but I'm not a fan of going to the movie theater. I tend to get annoyed by people (yes, I'm a homebody) and I know I'll see 5 year olds in an R rated movie. Ho hum... But I really want to see Premonition. Let's hope it's a good movie. Then Sunday, J is off as we are trying to jump-start Kayla's potty training. I don't think it will go too well - but I'm hoping she'll surprise me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. She is SO against the whole potty thing, but since preschool starts in 6 months, I have to try to get this going. 6 months is not a long time in the world of potty training. I'll keep you posted on that.

So that is about it for us right now. I just enjoyed a delicious Shamrock Shake (I'm not at home if it wasn't obvious). :) So that put a smile on my face. So yummy!

I hope everyone is having a great week in Bloggy Land.


posted at 2:14 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Hi there! Just jumped in from WW and realized you were Christine's sister! I'm a friend of hers from church.

I'm glad you had fun in Ohio, but I'm sorry that Alysa got sick!!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Ah, potty training, my least favorite parenting task...

Peer pressure worked for Colin, nothing is working for Maddy. Maybe Kayla will be totally different. Just let her outside and pee her pants all the time and see how she likes it.

:)

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Allergies...you too, huh? Please do tell what your gal is allergic to. My Avery (4 1/2) has been allergic to milk, soy, wheat, eggs, and peanuts. She just recently is able to have wheat and soy again....I'm always interested in other parents with allergic children...

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Hi Jennisa - Kayla is allergic to dairy. She has a GI and a contact reaction. It makes life so stressful. I'm glad Avery outgrew wheat and soy - I hope she outgrows more of them. Kayla will be tested this August - I'm nervous. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Wordless Wednesday - The 5 Cousins...
***I had this ready to post yesterday morning as y...
Thursday Thirteen #17
Not a Nightmare, A Partial Premonition
One of My Favorites
Welcome to the Party
Thursday Thirteen #16
Todd Wilbur's Book Anyone...? I Don't Think So!
Wordless Wednesday - I Couldn't Pick Just One
Time Does Fly

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: