About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Friday, September 11, 2009
My jump into activism
Tomorrow, September 12, 2009 I will be traveling with my parents down to Washington DC for the March on Washington. As I’ve gotten exceedingly frustrated with the path this country is on I have become more vocal and wanted to attend a local tea party rally on July 4th. But with no one to watch my girls I was unable to. But this was how the seed was planted for the DC trip. My Dad knew about the Sep 12th rally and suggested it. Luckily I was able to coerce convince my good friend June to watch the girls for me.

We’ve decided to join a bus trip down instead of driving and having to deal with the nightmare of parking, etc. The rally will start off at Freedom Plaza where there will be speakers. From there we will march 1.1 miles to the Capitol Building for a continuance of the rally and many more speakers.

And instead of just going to join in we will be armed with a 4’ x 6’ banner as well as flyers and postcards. Our goal is to not just oppose the ever-increasingly heavy tax burdens or the never-ending slide towards socialized medicine, but to bring back to the forefront of everyone’s mind what this country was founded on. Our individual rights have been eroding further away under each administration. So much so that many don’t think first of individual rights. And I for one want to make sure my children grow up knowing this country was founded as a Republic with a government whose sole purpose was (and still is) to protect our rights as individuals.

Here is everything we’ll be bringing with us. My Dad was the brains and behind the content and I designed them in Photoshop. We had them printed at Vista Print.

Banner:


Front of the Postcard: (click to enlarge and you can read it)


Back of the Postcard:


We’re expecting a strong media presence so keep an eye out for me on the news!

p.s. Sunday I will finally post about their first day of school. It's been a busy week here.


posted at 4:26 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Typette said...

love it... i love how it's all about the truth and what is and not individual views. bring back what this country is supposed to be about. the rights. the people. it worked for so long for a reason, we need to get back to it.

oh, i hope it doesn't confuse people that me and your dad seem to have the same blog. ;)

I wish I was so educated in politics. haha

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Sorry June. :) You're all fixed.

Yesterda was AMAZING! Will post picks later today.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger principled perspectives said...

Like Sue, the Tea Party movement seems to be dominated by people making their first "jump into activism". This, in fact, was my first foray into any kind of street demonstration.

Hopefully, growth of the movement (now 6 mo. old) will continue and evolve into a political force that returns this country to its Founding Ideals, just as the original Tea Party culminated in the Declaration of Independence.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Typette said...

The suspense is killing me!!! J told me about the turnout -- must've been amazing.

Thanks for representin'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Ringing Rock Park
When honesty stinks
Welcome Fall
Daddy’s Girl
So true my little chatterbox
Rainy Day Activities
A day at Seaside
My swimmer
Meet our new family members
That's what I call an entrance

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: